Friday 31 August 2012

Phantom of the Opera Manila Tour

By Unknown

The Phantom of the Opera is one of the most awaited event in the Philippines. They have performed from various part of the world, and luckily they'll be performing for us.

The show would run until October 14, 2012

It was my first time to watch an Opera and my first time at CCP. It was really a great experience for me to see such a wonderful performance! We were lucky enough to watch the show at the same day of the Gala Night.

What is Gala Night?

Oh! It's actually jam packed with known celebrities, personalities and respectable people that our country has. We were fortunate to see Mrs. Imelda Marcos, and other stars.

Most of the guest are wearing coat and tie for men and cocktail dress to evening dress for women.

There are drinks, wine, finger foods and the like. Reporters are everywhere, and there's a grand red carpet entrance for the VIPs.

In my case, I was happy not be so under dressed. I'm wearing long sleeves + slacks + leather shoes + backpack = me.  Okay... :) I was planning to wear coat, but having a backpack ( since I'll be coming from school) while wearing a coat is AWKWARD. :) Oh! by the way, I just commute to school :) 

My Phantom of the Opera experience...

An announcement from Ticketworld... Student discount for Balcony 1 and Balcony 2 Seats from August 26 to August 30, 2012! O yeah! I started asking my friends, who can join me to watch this opera, and luckily, 4 of my friends would accompany me :) 

So the next day, a friend of mine bought our ticket from a ticketworld branch! Yey! :) It's official! we have a ticket for August 30 show and it's BALCONY 1! :)   #excited
One or two days before the show, a friend saw that Aug 30 would be the Gala night. So we started searching for what to expect during Gala night. There are very few articles about it, that we should wear coat and tie and the likes.

I also downloaded a film version of Phantom of Opera and watched it. It actually made me excited for the event. 

At the day of the event, I borrowed the binoculars of my friend because one blog(sorry i forgot which blog it is) said that if you are seating at balcony 1, having binoculars would be helpful. I also bought another binoculars because the one i borrowed is so hard to use for a person with eyeglasses. 

Well the show is really amazing! The setting is really fabulous, the cast are awesome and funny! :D 
I wont spoil it to you anymore :) My favorite part would be the transition of the auction to the scene where Christine would take the lead role :) and the ending part :) !!  Oh! The chandelier is a WOW! :)
after the show

At the end of the show, there were roses everywhere. OK I don't know where to get one, but these roses are gorgeous! I was just hoping it was black ribbon instead of white one.... 

Overall, If someone would give me a free ticket. I would be glad to accompany him/her to the show again! I'm just sad, i don't have a picture with the stars :(


Things to bring
1. Ticket
>> Well Duh, :) No ticket- No Entry ;) Before leaving your house, check if you have your ticket with you :)

2. Binoculars
>> If you are after seeing the action and music, You don't need the binoculars anymore. On the other hand, if you want to see the emotions and facial expression of the cast, binoculars would really come handy :)

3. Camera Phone
>> For CCP, they do not allow you to bring camera inside CCP. So better bring a camera phone so that, you can take a picture with the posters and the like. Of course, don't take pictures during the show as a you might disturb other watchers.

4. Money
>> Oh! the memorabilia that they are selling are really good :) too bad there's no phantom of the opera mask . Nevertheless, they have shirts, keychains, necklaces, CDs, and the Program souvenir.



Things to Remember
1. Be on time
>>  Don't be late. Some shows or Most of the shows don't admit late people. They are usually allowed to enter during the break. Of yours, you wouldn't want to miss parts of the show right? so be early! :D Leave your house 2-3 hours before the show, especially if you're far from CCP. You can't anticipate the traffic here in Manila!

2. Eat your dinner early 
>> Yes, you wouldn't want to starve during the show. Also, you cannot eat inside the theater. People might be disturbed hearing you chew your crackers, popcorn or what. And btw, I haven't seen any food shops in CCP. Eat early! :D

3. Buy souvenirs
>> You should bring money with you. There are several stuffs you can buy :) Buy something you like, so that you wont feel sorry. For me, I bought a key chain because I do collect key chains every time I travel, and something memorable is happening to me.

4. Choose a seat that would make you feel comfortable 
>> I have pictures of different Seat views from the Balcony 1 area.

Upper Box #10 or right most seat of A

B 107

D 107 
Aisle view of Balcony 1 Center
Balcony 1 Center - Row C

There! Phantom of the Opera is really a blast! :) Can't take the songs out of my head!!! I want to watch agaiiinn!! :D 

4 comments:

  1. hello! i was wondering, do they check id and names for the discounted tickets? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie :D
    My reply button doesn't work :(
    Anyway, You need to bring your ID when you purchase your ticket ;)
    During the event, no need to bring your ID ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! How was your experience viewing the show from Balcony 1? :D

    ReplyDelete