Monday 3 September 2012

Ecobags in the Philippines

By Unknown

With the new rules from the government, No more plastics in Quezon City. I'm not pertaining to those people who pretends to be your friend, but rather, the literal meaning of plastics ;) 

As an environment advocate, I'm really happy with such an announcement! A friend of mine told me, that those plastics that have "biodegradable" signs..... Those are Fake! There's still no plastic that are biodegradable. Well, I believed in what she said since they are recycling plastics and such.


What's new about this?
>> You now have to pay the establishment, if you want your stuffs to be plastic. The cost of per plastic is around Php 2.00.

Who would want to buy a 2 pesos plastic? I wont buy one! I would rather spend my money in an Ecobag that i would use for a longer period of time :D 


My story :)
Ok, we were shopping last Sunday at Trinoma Mall. We purchased shoes, rugs, bed sheet, medicine container, long sleeves and the likes. I never thought that Malls are also part of the rule :) While at the counter, I saw the bagger of other counter wrapping the customer's purchased. So I asked the cashier, "Ate, anu mangyayari if hindi kami bumili ng ecobag and plastic?" She said, "Bibitbitin nyo po yung binili nyo ng nakabalot ng papel." I was like, Seriously?? That's so awkward...

I told my mom, "Ma! Let's just buy the Eco Bag.", then the Bagger said, "May free Eco Bag, if you purchased 5000 and up." And I was like, "Yehey!"

So in the end, we were able to put all of our stuff inside the Eco bag! :D
2 Large Eco bags! :D  and 1 small EcoBag ( My mom won in the lucky dice game :) she got 2 4's so that's a small eco bag)
So that's the Eco Bags that we now have from Landmark.
As for the Price of Trinoma Landmark Ecobags:

  • Small : Php 25.00
  • Large: Php 30.00
I do recommend you to just purchase Eco Bags :) Look at the long term benefit :) You'll not only save the country with all those trashes! you'll also save money til' your next shopping :)

Oh by the way! Even if you're going to a wet market, you have to bring your own "Bayong" or Eco Bag :)

Less Plastic. More Fun in the Philippines 

0 comments:

Post a Comment